“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” –Annie Dillard

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Super Easy Root Beer Float Cupcakes


Today we hosted a Birthday BBQ for my sister's 17th birthday, and I made Root Beer Float Cupcakes- everyone in my family is crazy about them and they all assume the recipe is from scratch. It's not. But I'm not going to admit that to them. :)  They'll have to read it here if they are ever going to find out-

Super Easy Root Beer Float Cupcakes:
1 box white cake mix
2  and a 1/4 cups root beer, divided
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 envelope whipped topping mix

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, 1 and 1/4 cup root beer, eggs and oil in a mixing bowl. Mix thouroughtly until there are no clumps. Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake for 30 minutes.
Let cool.

For frosting, mix the remaining 1 cup root beer with the envelope of whipped topping mix and beat until soft peaks form. Frost your cupcakes and serve!

This recipe is just so easy and tastes out-of-this-world delicious. It's a great one to have 'up your sleeve.'

Happy Baking!


1 comment:

  1. I am so going to try this!oh Yeah, I wouldn't tell them that it's not homemade either..ha
    I wish you had a picture of them. I would love to see how they turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete