“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” –Annie Dillard

Monday, April 11, 2011

What a beautiful spring day...

Just wanted to share a few photos I took today in the yard...it's the warmest day yet and I've been outside as much as I can be!

Buds and a bird's nest...spring has arrived in my back yard!



              
my adorable new 'fairy door' from Collections, Etc.




One of two crane statues that just came yesterday, also from Collections, Etc.
 I'm hoping they might scare the birds away from the fish in the pond!


I'm also very encouraged that my sun porch is full of seedlings I've started; I'm very proud of myself. It's my first foray into the world of seed starting.  This is what I've got so far:
  • cherry tomatoes
  • big boy hybrid tomatoes
  • cucumbers
  • cauliflower
  • broccoli
  • bell peppers
  • watermelons
  • blackberries
  • strawberries
  • dahlias
  • delphiniums
  • hollyhocks
I've also started assorted herbs- lemon balm, spearmint, oregano, parsely, cilantro, chives, lavender, chamomile, rosemary and of course catnip for my three kitties.

Hubby is making me vegetable trellises to go along the fence, so that I can grow the vined plants vertically and save space. Pictures to come when it's all finished!

2 comments: