“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” –Annie Dillard

Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring is in the air!

Encouraged by the melted snow and warmer temperatures last week,
I brought all of my patio furniture and rugs out of storage and had Hubby clean up the koi pond.
A few days later- wouldn't ya know it- snow.

Ten inches!


I don't want to jinx anything again but the snow has since melted (thanks to a heavy rain) and the sun is shining. I took Baby A for a walk downtown in her stroller this morning to get some fresh air, and we picked up some potting soil and seed starters at the hardware store.

I. AM. SO. EXCITED!

Summer is my favorite time of year. When we moved into our house two years ago, our backyard was a blank slate with a small concrete slab patio and an enormous, beautiful tree. Since then, we've ripped out the concrete, put in a brick paver patio and walkway, a custom designed pergola, koi pond with two waterfalls, a row of trellis along the fence with flowering Clematis vines, a grilling station and a fire pit. This year's project...portable horseshoe pits and an outdoor bar along the edge of the grilling station for food prep and extra seating if needed. Hubby is really excited about this one, and I know it's going to look great. He's very handy, and has designed/built/installed every amenity we have in our backyard himself.


one of last summer's beautiful water lilies in our pond-
one of two waterfalls we have-


We entertain outside almost every weekend in warm weather, and I can't wait to start up again.

After what seemed like a never-ending winter, I finally smell spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment